Hello, good people of the fog!
We have a squad of heavily armed Community Moderators, as well as an updated in-game report system ready to get rid of those, who make the gaming experience in Dead by Daylight miserable for everyone.
And with your help and reports, we will be able to punish them.
Here’s all you need to know about ban reasons and how to efficiently file a report.
- A link to offender’s Steam profile.
If the player has a custom URL, please use https://steamid.io/ to extract his steamID64.
It will protect your report when hacker will decide to change his custom URL.
- A video recording, which proves the behavior.
With two exceptions – achievement hacks – in that case a link to a public Steam profile is enough; and harassment cases – you can attach screenshots.
- Always use in-game report system, even if you are going to file a manual report later.
Please note, that screenshots are not considered valid proof
(exception – harassment cases)
- Achievement hacks
Using 3rd party software to tamper with Dead by Daylight achievements in any way. Unlocking, locking, clearing them off – all of this is prohibited.
- Hacking in-game exclusives/Legacy skins
Acquiring any kind of in-game skin a player isn’t supposed to have.
Legacy cutoff happened on November 24th, 2016. If player has received Legacy skins anytime after that, it is considered hacking (3rd party software/expanding Legacy cutoff time/loading up a savefile, etc.)
Video of this person in a hacked skin (and you opening the profile to ensure it’s theirs) is mandatory.
Killer spawns and stays at one place, hitting air the whole time. He doesn’t move or change the hit pattern even if gates are opened and some of the Survivors are already gone. Video of the match (showing the tally screen is crucial) is mandatory.
- Hacked progress
Using 3rd party software or any other way to hack amount of BP in the game. Or loading up any savefile except from your own backup (any savefile – from previously banned account, from a friend, your savefile from BETA, etc.)
- Other hacks
Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. Heavy proof and a video recording is mandatory.
If you wish to appeal your permanent ban, please contact support team at email@example.com
- Harassment: Communication Abuse
- Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
- Multiplatform harassment (Steam/Twitter/Facebook, Twitch etc.) – These are exceptional cases, if you go all the way to do this, you will be banned for 48 hours right away, skipping the 24 hours ban.
- Greifing: Intentional gameplay abuse
- Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
- Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
- Holding the game hostage
- Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage
- Showing exploits on stream / advertising exploits in any form
- Exploit bugs, errors in design or undocumented features to gain access to what would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage
- Unsportsmanlike conduct
- Disconnects and/or Rage quitting – no report needed. We’re using our backend analytics to flag and ban players who are constantly disconnecting/leaving the game.
- Lag switching
- 24 hours for the first ban;
- 48 hours for the second ban;
- 1 week for the third ban;
- After that, you will be banned permanently.
If you go way out of the line, you may receive a 48 hours or a 1 week ban straight away,
if the team decides that the offense was really harmful.
There will be no ban appeal option available for temporary bans.
Who you can contact to successfully file a report:
All of this will be explained on the Twitch stream during the panel Thursday September 7th